Tired of the same boring looking gear? Want your gear to look more unique? Fret no more! As of World of Warcraft patch 4.3 we can now transmute our new gear to look like some of the older, cooler sets from yesteryear. In order to do so you will need a copy of the item you want to transmute into, and it will bind to you. This can add up to a lot of item slots needed to store gear sets. Don’t worry too much about it though for Blizzard developers have given us a Void Storage system that will allow us to save many items that we don’t need access to on a day to day basis.
In order to use the Void Storage area you will first need to pay a 100g fee to the Vaultkeeper in your faction’s Capitol City. The fee to store an item in Void Storage is 25g per item. Just place the item into the deposit slot, and click the transfer button.
There are some simple rules that pertain to Void Storage that you should know:
- The Void Storage System will hold a maximum of 80 items.
- Stackable item’s may not be placed into Void Storage.
- Depositing an item into Void Storage will strip and destroy all item enhancements on the item.
- Items that are Bind on Equip will be bound to you when you deposit them into Void Storage.
- Bind on Equip items will remain bound to you when placed into Void Storage.
- Items must be fully repaired before being placed into Void Storage.
It looks like this new Void Storage system is designed to give us somewhere to hold Transmogrification gear but isn’t useful for a lot more.
For more information about Transmogrification click here: http://franksplace.org/2011/10/world-of-warcraft-4-3-transmogrification-transmogrifier-info/
For more World of Warcraft: Cataclysm articles click here: http://franksplace.org/2010/12/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-articles/