Tired of looking just like everyone else? Blizzard has granted us all our wish to stand out in the crowd! Transmogrification is a new feature that is expected to be released with Patch 4.3. that players can access via a new Ethereal Transmogrifier NPC. It will allow players to alter the appearance of their weapons and armor for a fee (in gold). Don’t worry kiddies! This time Blizzard decided to let us burn in-game gold rather than have to suffer through another cool option that’s only available as a Micro-transaction to inflate the Blizzard coffers. Since this feature is still in development the exact details of how it works may change before it graces us with its presence. Check this page often for up to the minute updates on Transmogrification in World of Warcraft 4.3! Check out more World of Warcraft Cataclysm articles here: http://franksplace.org/2010/12/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-articles/
To transmogrify your item, just take both items to the Ethereal Transmogrifier. Some of the current requirements are:
- The character must be able to equip both items.
- Only common, rare or epic items may be transmogrified.
- Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.
- Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.
- Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth).
- Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows).
- Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.
- Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.
- Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.
- One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.
- Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.
- Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.
- Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.
- Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.
- Fishing Poles cannot be transmogrified.
- Fishing Poles cannot be used to transmogrify.
- Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.
- Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.
- Vendoring an item strips its transmogrification.
- The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.
The new transmogrification option will work similar to how Reforging works now. Just give both items to the vendor, pay the fee, and equip your stylish new gear! With Void Storage allowing us to amass even more items on our characters, this should allow for some nice character customization for all of us who care what our toon’s look like!